Soil treatments using TIF (Total Impermeable Films)
Webinar Episode 2
We invite you to watch this webinar about “Soil treatments using TIF (Total Impermeable Films)” presented by our in-house experts in mulching and plastic films sector, Javier Pery and Maribel Hernández.
Why we consider TIF films so important:
- Increase the effectiveness of the disinfection process by preventing the escape of the gases released from the application of the chemical products.
- Save costs in disinfectants, precisely because we can apply fewer doses and achieve the maximum use of these chemicals and also because TIF films prevent these toxic gases from shortening the lifespan of greenhouse cover plastics.
- Also, from an economic point of view, by achieving a better concentration of the application of disinfectants and increasing their effectiveness, we can reduce the time necessary for the soil to be fully prepared for planting.
- Reduce environmental pollution, which is becoming increasingly important nowadays in our societies, precisely to promote the fertility of our soil, air quality, and climate control that can also affect our crops, among many other things.
- The problem of intensifying agricultural production
- Curative solutions available for soil regeneration: chemical alternatives (CSD), Solarization (SOL), Biofumigation (ASD)
- The role of PE, VIF and TIF films in different soil treatments
- Application forms for soil treatment films
Armando Alvarez Group
More about Javier
Based in Almería, Spain. With a bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Technical Engineering from the Madrid Polytechnical University (UPM, for its acronym in Spanish), he became involved in the Agribusiness in the liquid fertilizer sector at the beginning of the year 2000, developing some of the sprayable bio stimulators based on amino acids and deficiency correctors that are used today in horticulture and some extensive crops such as sugarcane. He has 12 years of experience working for the plastics film industry as part of a worldwide team. He holds the position of Product Manager in the Armando Alvarez Group since 2012. As such, his duties in the Armando Alvarez Group include managing product performance, production, and market innovations to create a worldwide distribution network based on Almeria (Spain). BIO products for mulching or the TIF products, Solarization and Anaerobic Soil Disinfestation (ASD) films that are the latest trends on soil treatments are currently the main focus.
Armando Alvarez Group
More about Maribel
Based in Almería, Spain. With a bachelor’s degree in Translation and Interpreting earned in 2005 from the University of Granada and the University of Surrey, Roehampton, London, along with a master’s degree in International Business Management earned in 2006, she worked as the Export Foreign trade advisor for the Economic and Commercial Office of the Embassy of Spain in Istanbul and in private companies from 2006 to 2009 providing technical support to Spanish companies looking to establish a commercial presence in Turkey. Also, she was the International Project coordinator in I2BC, developing projects in the health and welfare sector in cooperation with International Universities and technological companies, with European funding. She holds the position of Sales Representative for Europe and Asia in the Armando Alvarez Group, since 2014. Her duties in the Armando Alvarez Group include opening new markets and offering technical support to customers, especially regarding greenhouse covers and the mulching division, with special emphasis on TIF films for soil disinfection with chemicals.